Choosing a single product is really a tough job when there are many options to choose from. That’s why we have made this list of the Top 5 Best Betta Aquaponics Tanks. So you can have a look at the best and choose the one which attracts and appeals you the most.
Using these aquaponics tanks, you can keep fish and grow plants simultaneously. You will not need to clean these betta fish tanks. As plants on the top of these fish bowls and aquariums absorb the fish waste and clean the water.
With self-cleaning fish tanks ranging from the price point of 10 to 400 dollars, you can fulfill your wish of adopting a fish. It is also a great way to start aquaponics and observe the beautiful symbiotic relationship of nature.
There are many self-cleaning betta fish tanks in the market. It isn’t usual that you would buy an aquaponic betta tank so often, so you should go for one that’s best for you.
Small fish tank kits are often chosen by starters for their first Betta fish tanks. Betta fish are commonly easy to care for, a gentle filter and a small heater is all that you need to establish an ideal environment for them.
- Plants absorb the nutrients from the fish waste and clean the water for the fish.
- Grow different decorative plants, greens, herbs, and veggies all around the year.
Best Aquaponics Betta Tanks – Reviews
Below is the table which shows the top 5 best Aquaponics Betta Tanks available online. Each and every tank is chosen by our specialist reviewers.
|Penn-Plax Tank||Check Price|
|Back to the Roots |
|EcoQubeC Aquarium||Check Price|
|Elive Betta Bowl||Check Price|
|AquaSprouts Garden||Check Price|
1. EcoQubeC Aquarium
This kit is meant to support only one betta fish and one plant.
This aquarium supports just one live fish. Every night, for the fish to sleep, it will have to be sung to. Of course, it will also need to be loved and fed. There is no need for the owner to change its water or clean the tank as plants on the top absorbs the long poop and sloughed scales of the betta. This way this integrated aquaponics system makes a self-cleaning aquarium.
With the water being purified all that’s needed is for the owner to just top-off the aquarium with freshwater one or two times a month and feed his fish about 3 to 6 times weekly. The EcoQubeC comes with a remote-controlled 6mm LED lighting and a filter. It is made acrylic polished flame polished.
(There is another version of the kit which is more expensive and comes with decorative tank accessories, basil seeds, and a UV sterilizer, which you can purchase).
Just add water once or twice a month and feed the fish 3 to 6 times weekly.
- The starter kits for this aquarium includes: An integrated aquaponics filter, plant medium, phone app, and wireless remote.
- Setup is as easy as adding green onion or seeds and water, and then plugging in. Then washing your fish tank thrive or shrimp.
- The package also includes aquarium décor and several accessories: Glass Cover, Mountain Stone, and Sand.
2. Back to the Roots Water Garden: Best Selling in the List
This fish tank grows herbs and organic fish tank and also self cleans. Its capacity is 3 gallons. By its beautiful design, it is optimized for water circulation and has twice the growing space.
- It has as much as twice the space for growth and makes planting and harvesting of herbs easy due to its Grow Pods.
- All that you require is included in it. From Growstones to organic seeds and gravel, natural fish food to a natural d-chlorinator, the fish tank, a silent water pump and a coupon that gives you a betta fish.
- The included seeds grow really fast. 3-gallons is perfect for a betta fish.
- Includes a free interactive aquaponics curriculum!
3. Penn-Plax Tank
This high-quality plastic tank is a great addition to your home decor, whether there’s fish in it or not. All of this while your fish has a healthy environment created for it in which nature’s metabolic cycle is replicated, cycle in which plants absorb the fish waste as their nourishment.
This betta fish tank, with a 1.4 gallons capacity, is suitable for the majority of leafy vegetables, herbs, and indoor houseplants. Some suggestions for plants include any leafy lettuce, chives, watercress, mint, bamboo, or English Ivy. It is 8 inches high with a diameter of 10 inches and includes planting stones made from ceramic substrates.
You can keep white cloud minnow, bloodfin tetra, small goldfish and betta safely in this tank.
- The planter can replicate nature’s cycle to provide a healthy habitat for the betta fish.
- This plastic plant holder also comes with planting materials of the ceramic substrate.
- You can clean the betta fish tank with ease. It is also easy to remove the planter when necessary. The tank can serve as a stand-alone planter for a number of water-thirsty plants.
4. AquaSprouts Garden: Real feel of Aquaponics with multiple fish & grow bed
This kit has all you will require to make a self-sustaining ecosystem from any standard 10-gallon aquarium, (which is an estimated 20″ x 10″ x 12″). This self-sustaining aquaponics aquarium is suitable for schools, offices, and homes. For the size, price, and features, it’s the obvious choice.
- Best price per Gallon among all aquaponics tanks available
- You can keep more fish (7-9)
- AquaSprouts Garden is perfect for exploring and learning about how the working of the natural environment. You can also get specialized teacher curricular.
- Includes pump with a timer and built-in light bar.
- With a grow bed and media clay, you can grow multiple plants.
- The new model features adjustable drain extenders for quiet water flow.
- Helpful Customer service
- The Garden Kit does not include the aquarium. But you can pick one up locally or order one from amazon.
- Some Customer complained about noisy draining. But it can be mitigated by simply placing the extra drain riser piece. (the kit comes with six)
- You have to buy grow LED grow light separately.
What Customers are saying
“We are keeping 8 living swimming fish in this tank with a great deal of success, and also growing thyme, dill, chives, mint, oregano, and basil.”
“Angelfish, tetras, and betas worked well for us. Some people are even raising Tilapia in these aquaponics tanks.”
5. Elive Betta Fish Bowl: Small, Easy Maintainance & Low-Cost
This kit is meant to support just one betta fish. Other fish type may also need oxygenation, filtration, or a larger aquarium for proper maintenance.
Some of its features include a high-quality glass bowl that is 0.75 gallons and an LED light with a 4-hour timer. The light is battery operated. This desktop Betta Fish Bowl & Planter is a great office or home and makes for a great view in any space. As such it can easily serve decorative purposes, adding style to any space, or storage purposes for office essentials. This can be done using the office organizer
You can easily place and decorate both artificial and living plants in this planter Simply cover the roots of your plants with planting media such s organic potting soils, decorative marble, and gravel, and then add water.
A water collection cup and a drain hole are included in this kit.
- Ease of Maintenance: cleaning and changing of water is easy and can be done in few minutes as it contains only 0.75 gallons.
- Fits almost everywhere: Its size, 7” x 9” x 7.75”, makes it fit anywhere including your living room, kitchen or desk.
- Multi-Use: This tank can be used for a variety of purposes including as a convenient desktop organizer for organizing essential office supplies, as a fish tank or even for decorative purposes.
- You can use it as a storage medium to simply place pencils and pens if you don’t want a plant in it.
How to Care for your Betta in Aquaponics
Just like with any fish tank, it is suggested to wait about 1-3 weeks for the water to age and allow nitrifying bacteria to establish. Read more about cycling your aquaponics system here.
Don’t add bulky decorations in the aquarium which take more volume. As it will further lower the water needed for fish to stay alive and happy. Read more about betta fish care here.
Consider buying an aquarium heater and grow light if it does not comes with the kit. Check the best aquarium heaters here. Taotronic led grow light is best for these type of systems.
You can use any fish food but avoid overfeeding as this can cause nitrite poisoning resulting in cloudy water and harming both fish and plant.
There are 2 comments
I loved the Back to Roots and intend to buy it. I was looking to start aquaponics and thats a good kit to teach my kids about fish, plants and nitrogen cycle. Thank you for the list!
You need to make sure that you carefully put tank water into a bowl or any container which will receive your betta. Mix the old and new water to make it easier for your fish to adapt.